Welcome to the Tasmanian Foundation for Occupational Medicine Inc.
The Tasmanian Foundation for Occupational Medicine Inc. (‘The Foundation’) is the body dedicated to supporting the training of occupational physicians to the standards required by the Australasian Faculty of Occupational & Environmental Medicine (AFOEM) – Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
The Foundation has an emphasis on developing and maintaining an Occupational and Environmental Physician (DEPS) workforce based in Tasmania, with specialised knowledge of Tasmanian industry and healthcare and a commitment to the health, safety and well-being of Tasmania’s workforce.
The Foundation is a not-for-profit association with the following objectives:
- Promote the specialty of Occupational & Environmental Medicine within Tasmania through education, awareness-raising and training programmes, including lobbying to achieve the objectives of the Foundation;
- Raise and distribute funds to achieve the Foundation’s objectives through industry sponsorships, government grants, provision of training and donations;
- Support the training of specialist OEPs in Tasmania through:
- Scholarships and other types of financial support to trainees;
- Financial support to practices providing training;
- mentoring and educational opportunities for trainees;
- support to newly qualified OEPs in setting up practice
- Provision of funds for research relevant to Occupational & Environmental Medicine in Tasmania.
Dr Barry Gilbert
MB, BS, MPH, FAFPHM, FAIM, CF
Public Health Physician
Secretary and Public Officer:
Dr Peter Sharman
MB, BS, FAFOEM, FAICD
Dr Andreas Ernst
MB, BS, PhD, FAFOEM, DipMSM
Occupational Physician and Musculoskeletal Medicine